God Our Father,,, Our Families Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site is down for a few more weeks
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:07 by Di5225

» 2011 June—At That Very Moment-Women’s Ministry
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 17:03 by Admin

» 2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42 by Admin

» 2011 June Monthly Memory Verse
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:02 by Admin

» June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01 by Admin

» You Prayed the Salvation Prayer Now What?
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:49 by Admin

» 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 08:32 by Admin

» 2011 May--Friendship Treasure Hunt and Cake-Childrens Ministry
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptySun 01 May 2011, 19:06 by Admin

» 2011 May Memory Verse
2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry EmptySun 01 May 2011, 14:23 by Admin

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 16:12

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry

Go down

2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry Empty 2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry

Post  Admin Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:38

2011 April--Trust Fully Dependent-Women’s Ministry

Do you fully trust and rely on God? Depend on him? Is your faith where it should be or is it on yourself or in your ability? Read this little story and let’s test what we think or what we would do.

Rindle could barely catch her breath, the water kept hitting her face stinging with each wave that crushed and slammed over the edge of the boat. The waves were getting bigger and bigger with every minute it seemed ever since the storm started. If only I had listened to God’s spirit telling me to stay home today. Maybe I should just pray, maybe the storm will stop and I will be ok. I’ve done everything else I can do, God help me.

What are your first feelings or impression? I am sure you can see things our fictional character Rindle could have done different or better. Can you think of ways you can apply these mistakes to your own life. The Bible is our best guide to learn and apply things to our own life. Read these scriptures below:

22 One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out. 23 As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. 24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25 "Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him." Luke 8:22-25 NIV

Listen to Luke Chapter 8 KLV

23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" 26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. 27 The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" Matthew 8:23-27 NIV

Listen to Matthew Chapter 8 KJV

From these scriptures we see that all the disciples had to do was ask and believe in times of need (see scripture below). Trust in our God that even the wind and waves obey him! The very same God that loves you--we should ask boldly “God help me” not well I’ve done everything else I guess I should pray. I want to also point out that God will not give us everything that we ask for. We should say on things that we want, God if it’s your will.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16 KJV

Listen to Hebrews Chapter 4 KJV

Small thought to ponder is that we should listen to the Holy Spirits promptings as well. In our story above Rindle had the warning not to go on her trip. I think all to often we need to listen to God talking to us, pray and ask for his help long before we get ourselves into trouble.

Reminder of April's Memory Verse:

"On the third day he will rise again." Luke 18:33 NIV

Listen to Luke Chapter 18 KJV

And they shall scourge him, and put him to death : and the third day he shall rise again. Luke 18:33 KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down