God Our Father,,, Our Families Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site is down for a few more weeks
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:07 by Di5225

» 2011 June—At That Very Moment-Women’s Ministry
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 17:03 by Admin

» 2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42 by Admin

» 2011 June Monthly Memory Verse
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:02 by Admin

» June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01 by Admin

» You Prayed the Salvation Prayer Now What?
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:49 by Admin

» 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 08:32 by Admin

» 2011 May--Friendship Treasure Hunt and Cake-Childrens Ministry
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptySun 01 May 2011, 19:06 by Admin

» 2011 May Memory Verse
2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry EmptySun 01 May 2011, 14:23 by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 16:12

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry

Go down

2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry Empty 2011 April--Aware-Mens Ministry

Post  Admin Sun 27 Mar 2011, 09:48

2011 April--Aware-Men’s Ministry

For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Listen to Hebrews Chapter 4

Soul Spirit
Joints Marrow
Thoughts Intentions

Picture a sword through the middle of these words representing the Word of God. The Word of God also represents Jesus, Jesus is the Word. We have a body, a soul and a spirit. Our joints are holding our bones together and the essential part of our bones is the marrow. I personally feel the Bible was speaking of joints as in being joined and marrow as being essential and not bones in our bodies, but that is my interpretation. This is a Bible Study; I am not a Pastor so I don’t mind sharing my take on it. We all have thoughts, but our thoughts may differ from our intentions. To help a little we are going to break down each section for this month’s study. I will only be using a few of the definitions, for an example for our study purposes. The examples below are only food for thought, for your own study.

Soul and Spirit
Soul—a human being: person. The emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments.
Spirit-- mediating between body and soul. To encourage; urge on or stir up, as to action. Divine, a supernatural, incorporeal being.

If we go by some of these definitions we do not have to live by our feelings. Our feelings and sentiments are seated in our soul, but we have hope from our verse above. God’s word is powerful; his Word divides soul and spirit giving us the tools to help us. One of the definitions of spirit is to stir up, encourage. That means Gods word can stir us to action and help defeat human nature sentiments and feeling that hold us back or even hurt us. Not all feelings are bad or hurtful, but even so it’s wonderful to know that Gods Word can stir us to action.

Joints and Marrow
Joints-- separate parts of one thing, are joined or united, either rigidly or in such a way as to permit motion; juncture. joined or associated, as in relation, interest, or action.

Marrow-- the inmost or essential part; strength or vitality. a soft, fatty, vascular tissue the in interior cavities of bones.

Reminder, this is based on my interpretation of joints and marrow. The Word of God can help separate us from what we are joined to incorrectly; that might even be sin. Such as where our priorities are and put them on the marrow, what is essential. From the definitions of the words we see that joints can be what we are associated with, our interests or even our actions. Using Gods word we can divide that and put our efforts into what is the innermost part, what will give us strength and vitality.

Thoughts and Intentions
Thoughts--the product of mental activity; a judgment, opinion, or belief.

Intentions--Purpose or attitude toward the effect of one's actions or conduct. The end or object intended; purpose.

A little surprising that our thoughts and intentions are not always the same thing. God knows though. This one needs some extra study and some wisdom. There is a scripture in 2 Corinthians (listed on the bottom) that says to take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ; we cannot do that unless we become more aware. We need to discern our intentions as well from our thoughts.

Aware is our word for this month:

A -- Attentive
W --Wisdom
A --And
R -- Reverence
E -- Everyday

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV

Listen to 2 Corinthians Chapter 10

Reminder of Aprils memory verse:
"On the third day he will rise again." Luke 18:33 NIV

Listen to Luke Chapter 18 KJV

And they shall scourge him, and put him to death : and the third day he shall rise again. Luke 18:33 KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down