God Our Father,,, Our Families Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site is down for a few more weeks
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:07 by Di5225

» 2011 June—At That Very Moment-Women’s Ministry
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 17:03 by Admin

» 2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42 by Admin

» 2011 June Monthly Memory Verse
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:02 by Admin

» June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01 by Admin

» You Prayed the Salvation Prayer Now What?
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:49 by Admin

» 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 08:32 by Admin

» 2011 May--Friendship Treasure Hunt and Cake-Childrens Ministry
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptySun 01 May 2011, 19:06 by Admin

» 2011 May Memory Verse
June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study EmptySun 01 May 2011, 14:23 by Admin

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 16:12

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study

Go down

June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study Empty June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01

June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study

Read this scripture:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13 NIV

This is the Bible’s description of what LOVE is, let’s see what the dictionary defines love as well.

Love--a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Feelings of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. The benevolent affection of GOD for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

For our studies we are going to take one verse at a time. We are going to examine ourselves and see if we really know Love. This Love test is to see if our definitions of Love in our lives will stand the test of Gods knowledge.

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV

Let’s see what we can learn about Love--see where we may be lacking and make it obedient to God if we are.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud:

Patient--bearing provocation, annoyance, misfortune, delay, hardship, pain, etc., with fortitude and calm and without complaint, anger, or the like.

I’m not sure about you, but I only looked at my own immediate family the people in my life that I Love, and see I am clearly lacking already. This is one area that I need to take captive those thoughts when they happen and make it obedient to God. It never fails I just sit down to have a cup of coffee and it starts “mom” can you do this or that. Not only does God want us to be patient, he wants us to do it not complaining.

Verdict for me: Guilty

Kind--of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person: indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane.

I try to be very kind and understanding, but depending on my mood I have failed here also.

Envy-- a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc. Obsolete, ill will.

Envy can mean ill will as well as covetousness. Remember God says to love all people not just our immediate family or those in our lives. On that aspect I fail again. I have wished ill will on the young kid who stole my parking spot, etc.

Boast— to speak with exaggeration and excessive pride, especially about oneself. To be proud in the possession.

To think more highly of yourself that you should, complain about your spouse to someone. Thinking you are right, they are wrong and saying so to others. That is a form of boasting, guilty again.

Proud-- Feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded as highly honorable or creditable to oneself. Of lofty dignity or distinction, stately, majestic, or magnificent.

Arrogant comes to my mind when I think of being proud. Guilty once again

Thank God for grace as I failed this part of the test and it was only the first verse. As I went through each part and examined myself I realized that there are many ways I need to take captive my thoughts and make them obedient to God. I also realized there are many ways to be proud, boastful, envious, kind and patient that I have never thought of before. Being a doer of God’s word is important as well as a listener. A fool hears the truth and then does not apply it to his/her own life. Be honest with your Love test this month and let the Word of God teach us to really Love!

Reminder of this month’s memory verse:

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. Proverbs 12:15 NIV

Listen to Proverbs 12 KJV

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15 KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down