God Our Father,,, Our Families Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site is down for a few more weeks
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:07 by Di5225

» 2011 June—At That Very Moment-Women’s Ministry
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 17:03 by Admin

» 2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42 by Admin

» 2011 June Monthly Memory Verse
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:02 by Admin

» June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01 by Admin

» You Prayed the Salvation Prayer Now What?
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:49 by Admin

» 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 08:32 by Admin

» 2011 May--Friendship Treasure Hunt and Cake-Childrens Ministry
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptySun 01 May 2011, 19:06 by Admin

» 2011 May Memory Verse
2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone EmptySun 01 May 2011, 14:23 by Admin

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 16:12

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone

Go down

2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone Empty 2010 December Bible Study--Living Stone

Post  Admin Fri 26 Nov 2010, 21:08

2010 December Living Stone—Alive as you grow and build

Begin this month’s lesson by reading 1 Peter 2:4-10 below in bold.

As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, "The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone, " and, "A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message--which is also what they were destined for. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Jesus is the Living Stone on which as believers we are built upon, the body of Christ. He is the cornerstone—the definition of cornerstone reveals much. The stone joining us all, a starting place, an indispensible stone or essential stone usually marked with a date or ceremony. It is also the foundation, on which all other stones are placed. Jesus is the Living Stone, but we are like the living stone; being built upon him as the foundation. You are like a living stone as you let God change you and build you up in him. To define living means existence, appointed, intended to be, flowing freely as water. Jesus said he is the living water, I thought it was great that living included “flowing freely as water” as part of the definition. This month as we celebrate Jesus’ birth let’s study the cornerstone on which our faith is built. The Living Stone dated by his birth from which all things live and called us out of darkness into his light.

2010 December Memory Verse

I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God Psalms 38:15

Listen to 1 Peter 2 KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down