God Our Father,,, Our Families Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Site is down for a few more weeks
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 15:07 by Di5225

» 2011 June—At That Very Moment-Women’s Ministry
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 17:03 by Admin

» 2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42 by Admin

» 2011 June Monthly Memory Verse
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:02 by Admin

» June 2011--Love Defined-Monthly Bible Study
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:01 by Admin

» You Prayed the Salvation Prayer Now What?
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:49 by Admin

» 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 08:32 by Admin

» 2011 May--Friendship Treasure Hunt and Cake-Childrens Ministry
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptySun 01 May 2011, 19:06 by Admin

» 2011 May Memory Verse
2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat EmptySun 01 May 2011, 14:23 by Admin

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 16:12

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat

Go down

2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat Empty 2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat

Post  Admin Sun 01 May 2011, 17:00

2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat

Word’s really do contain power, read this scripture:

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21

Listen to Proverbs Chapter 18 KJV

During Jesus’ ministry he really did not say a lot, but when he did speak it was simply wonderful. When the people brought the woman caught in adultery to him to trip him up on rules, he again said very little. He really did hold her life in his hands. It amazes me every time I read this story how little he did say, he did write on the ground. What he wrote is a mystery, if he wrote anything at all. With his words he had the power to save or destroy. When he spoke it was with Power and Authority, “let he who is without sin cast the first stone”. One by one they all left, beginning with the oldest. When he was left with this woman he told her, “there is no one left to condemn you, nor do I. Go and sin no more.” Read these scripture’s:

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37 NIV

Listen to Matthew Chapter 12 KJV

So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 NIV

Listen to Romans Chapter 14 KJV

Some day we will stand and be held in account for every careless word we have spoken. Basically we will eat our words and the fruits of them. We are to strive to be Christ like, and this is one area I think we all need to work on. We need to talk less about how we feel, what we think, what we want and choose our words more carefully, with Power and Authority. If what we are saying/speaking is not lining up with the Word of God that which is good and building up of one another than we should not be saying it. Stop and think about what you are saying. Read this scripture:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 NIV

Listen to Ephesians Chapter 4 KJV

Love defeats all brings you to your knees, Gods love. The measure you judge you will be judged makes you really appreciate grace all the more. When we realize the grace and love given to us on the cross, striving to be like Christ is a goal well worth pursuing.

The Holy Spirit leads us to all truth:

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:63 NIV

Reminder of May's Memory Verse:

Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth. Psalms 96:9 NIV

Listen to Psalms 96 Chapter KJV

O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. Psalms 96:9 KJV

Last edited by Admin on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:53; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2011 May’s Monthly Bible Study-You Are What You Eat Empty Response to Email about May's Bible Study

Post  Admin Wed 04 May 2011, 08:32

Someone wrote me and said this Bible Study for May is denying feelings. I was unable to view the entire email so please resend it. These bible studies are meant to help us all grow, not to offend anyone. You can also reply right here on the board, just hit reply. Only registered family can be on the private side, but even guests can make a name under the reply and respond. You can also use the “Contact Us” like someone did on the bottom of the page.

The study said “we should talk less about what we think, want and feel”, basically how we feel. The writer is right in the sense I was talking about our feelings. I want to clarify I was not talking about being in denial of how we feel, but rather not letting those feelings lead (rule, overtake) us. Let’s look at what feelings mean and some Biblical applications.

Feelings--an emotion or emotional perception or attitude: a feeling of joy; a feeling of sorrow. A sentiment; attitude; opinion:

Every place I looked for defining feelings the word “attitude” came up for the definition so I am including that.

Attitude-manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc., with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, especially of the mind: a negative attitude; group attitudes.

A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back. Proverbs 29:11 NKJV

or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife --or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure--. Numbers 5:20 NIV

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NIV

The actual word feelings in the various version is used way too many times for me to list here. Due to the fact this is a Bible Study I can point you to some tools to help your own study in this area. Go to this website http://www.biblestudytools.com in the search box type the word feelings or attitudes and let it search all versions or even just your favorite. One more tip always try to see how Jesus handled things. He was very stressed and still with “Power and Authority” he spoke the words "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." In fact it says he was in anguish, yet he did not let his feelings lead him.

I hope that clarified the bible study a little bit and gave you a nudge in the right direction for your own further studies.

Wishing God’s Blessings For you All
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down