Most users ever online was 9 on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 21:36

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2011 June—Friends take Time-Men’s Ministry

Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 13:42

Jesus Heals a Paralytic—Story of Wonderful Friends

A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins . . ." He said to the paralytic, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!" Mark 2:1-12 NIV

Listen to Mark Chapter 2 KJV

Do you have friends like the ones who lowered the paralytic from a roof they tore open? More importantly are you that kind of friend? This story tells of a great friendship in part.

Friend defined-- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

There are many kinds of friends, but we need and need to be the kind of friend in our verses today. A study of 194 heart attack patients who had friends like these were 3 times more likely to be alive six months after their heart attack than those who did not have friends like these. The studies concluded that friendship can extend life. People with lots of social support have stronger immune systems and are less likely to suffer from depression, anxiety and other types of mental illness. Having friends helps lower a person’s stress levels.

Gallup Poll on Friends:
Friends--A new Gallup poll reports on average, Americans have 9 close friends, not including their relatives. This includes 45% of Americans who say they have 6 or more close friends, 39% who have between 3 and 5 close friends, and 14% who have 1 or 2 close friends. Only 2% of Americans say they have none. In ‘90 and ‘01, Americans said they had 10 friends. Men report having an average of 9, compared with 8 among women. (Gallup 3/5/04)

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 NIV

Listen to Proverbs Chapter 18 KJV

There are many verses on Friends, friendship is that important. In the Bible the word friend, friends and friendship is used 171 times in the NIV version. This month examine in your life-what kind of friend you are to others, and take time to be with your friends. Proverbs 18:1 says an unfriendly man pursues selfish ends, and defies sound judgment. Not making time to build on your friendships is pursuing selfish ends, being selfish with your time, etc.

Time is this months word:

T—Take-time
I—Invest
M—Myself
E—Everyday

Reminder of this Months Memory Verse:

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. Proverbs 12:15 NIV

Listen to Proverbs 12 KJV

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

Admin
Admin

http://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum