Most users ever online was 9 on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 21:36

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2010 Dec Awake--Always Worship and Keep Encouraged Mens Ministry

Go down

2010 Dec Awake--Always Worship and Keep Encouraged Mens Ministry

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 11:12

2010 December Men’s Study—Awake-Always Worship and Keep Encouraged

Awake defined--to become roused from a tranquil or inactive state; rouse to action; waken, to be roused to duty or purpose, vigilant; alert, bring to awareness

First, let’s read Colossians 3:23-24 below in bold.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24 NIV

Men have a huge responsibility not only at home, but also at work and church among other places. You are depended upon for many things even if you do not realize it. How can you deal with that extra stress? One way is to stop and become AWAKE, your acronym for this month. Remember to do ALL things as if you’re serving God. Look at the verse below.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God 1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

It is so easy to let our emotions rule our hearts. You get up and you do not want to go to work, your back or hip hurt’s, your exhausted; this is when I want you to stop and remember your word AWAKE. Encourage yourself, build yourself up remembering you are not serving yourself, but God. Remember it is not what we think, feel or want; this is something you have to do and that being said--do it AWAKE as worship unto God.

A-Always
W-Worship
A-and
K-Keep
E-Encouraged

Read this scripture:

When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady till sunset. Exodus 17:12 NIV

It is also important to have friends to encourage you. As long as Moses held up his staff, they were winning the war, if he let his arms down with the staff they were losing. His friends seeing that Moses needed help gave him a place to sit, then one got on his left side and his other friend got on the right side; they each helped hold up Moses’ arms. I don’t need to tell you how important this was. Without help from his friend’s Moses could not have continued on his own. His arms were giving out. There is strength in numbers. God tells us many times to fellowship, here we have the true meaning of “Brothers in Arms”. Take time to build real friendships, help them to be AWAKE!

Listen to Colossians 3 KJV

Listen to 1 Corinthians KJV

Listen to Exodus 17 KJV

Admin
Admin

http://familyunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum