Most users ever online was 9 on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 21:36

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is bpate5731

Our users have posted a total of 214 messages in 172 subjects
Announcement’s

Pray, Love, Live, Laugh--Take Time

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34

June’s lessons/studies are posted and our monthly memory verse. 

Before night turns into a day, repent before it's too late,,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

2011 April--Story Time, The Cross and Lord’s Supper Picnic Adventure-Children’s Ministry

Go down

2011 April--Story Time, The Cross and Lord’s Supper Picnic Adventure-Children’s Ministry

Post  Di5225 on Thu 31 Mar 2011, 10:51

Lord’s Supper Item’s needed

Small cracker’s
Small cup’s
Grape Juice

Read the Lords Supper from Matthew 26:26-30 You do not need to read it all, you can adapt it into smaller sections. Remember you are doing this with your children, for instance say Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, while you hand them a piece of cracker. While you are eating it, you can say Take this and eat; this is my body. Do the same smaller sections with the grape juice.

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you.28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."30 When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. Matthew 26:26-30

Listen to Matthew Chapter 26 KJV

The Cross item’s needed

2 sticks of varied length ( one long, one short) find on your walk or take some with you
Something to bind them with (string, ribbon, twine) anything to hold your two sticks together in the shape of a cross.

Craft a wooded cross with your kids. On your picnic look around for one longer stick and one shorter one; make a wooden cross. Explain what it meant for Jesus to die for our sins, but keep it simple. Small phrases work best such as “Jesus was put on trial”. Review Mk 15:42-47; Lk 23:50-56; Jn 19:38-42, Mk 15:33-41; Lk 23:44-49; Jn 19:29-30 Mk 16:1-8; Lk 24:1-10; Jn 20:1-8 these scriptures have more on Christ’s death and resurrection. Make up a little story about Easter, what it meant for Jesus to die for our sins. You know your children better than anyone so it should be fun.

*The last verse of our scripture (30) says they sung a hymn, if you and your child know a favorite song that might be fun to do while your looking for your sticks to make your cross.

Di5225
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum